City of Gregory
Please check back for the latest updates!
Welcome to the City of Gregory! We are located at the intersection of Highway 361, Highway 35, and Highway 181 in the south San Patricio County. Our city takes pride in having small-town appeal while simultaneously being positioned near big city amenities, as well as employment opportunities in the industrial sector.
Gregory dates back to 1887 when the Coleman-Fulton Pasture Company and the Aransas Pass and San Antonio Railways agreed to create a town. A post office and school were soon built after more people were moving to the area, and the town gained national recognition when President Taft paid it a visit. In 1951, Gregory was officially incorporated and elected their first mayor. From its inception, Gregory has been among the hustle and bustle of a developing area.
City leadership consists of five elected councilmembers and one elected Mayor. City staff is composed of a city secretary, who oversees city management and city employees, and a police chief, who oversees the Police Department. There are different volunteer boards members of the community can join to contribute to the success and development of the City of Gregory.